Friday, October 3, 2014

You need to hear this! :D

I love country music. It is everything to me. It's all I listen to. These days, most of the top country songs are what people like to call "bro country," meaning that it's about trucks and drinking and partying and whatnot. And I like those songs. They're fun. But when it's all that country radio is playing, it starts to feel like it's not country anymore.

But every now and then, a great song like this makes it onto country radio. A song with a message, a song with heart, a song with Spirit, and it reminds me why I ever started loving country music in the first place.

Now, this one hit real close to home because I got baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints not too long ago. While I'm most certain that this was not the Church that the writers were talking about, the message stays the same. The Gospel changes lives. It changed mine. And it is so refreshing to hear a song that talks about those experiences on the radio.

I definitely felt the Spirit as I was listening to this song for the first time. I felt so overpowered with the Spirit that I was brought to tears. And now it's been stuck in my head for days. I only hope this song gets the exposure it deserves. It is too good not to be shared, just like this Gospel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment