Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ogden Temple Trip!!


I honestly wasn't sure I was going to be able to go on this trip because I just started at my new job, and I wasn't able to ask for that many days off on such short notice. But by the grace of God, I "lucked" out and I was only scheduled on Saturday, the 16th, and on Monday, the 19th. But my sister was willing and able to cover for me on both of those days.
So, we left on Thursday from Bishop Patton's house, and we drove to Las Vegas. There, we stayed at the home of one of the Elders he served with in Sweden. He is the recorder at the Las Vegas temple, so he shared a few spiritual stories/experiences that others have shared with him. My favorite of which involved an elderly couple that is super devout, and goes to the temple every week. One week, they both got the impression that they should go serve a mission. So, they put in the paperwork, and said they were willing to serve anywhere except where it is cold. Sure enough, they got called to Anchorage, Alaska. One day, they had an appointment, but they had 45 minutes to kill; they didn't want to waste any time, so they decided to go tracting in the meantime. The very first door they knocked on, a young man answered. That young man happened to be their estranged son!! They reunited! 
I love stories like that!!

Friday morning, we drove to Las Vegas to St. George. We did temple baptisms there. It was so beautiful!





After that, we stopped to eat at Freddy's! Apparently, there's only two locations in the entire country!! It was pretty good!


Then we drove from wherever the Freddy's was, to Ogden. 


I have no idea what temple this is...


Or what temple this is...


Then, we finally got to the Ogden temple!! 


I tried to take a selfie with Gilbert, and I just looked like a creep. Hahaha!

Sister Kemp met up with us!! :)

The House that the girls stayed in, located in Eden, Utah. It is so huge!

Their neighborhood!

Girls' slumber party!


Us, on Saturday morning!
 Saturday morning, we went through the Ogden temple a second time. We had Farr Better Ice Cream as ward, and then everyone split up to do their own thing. My friend, McKenzie and I went to the Salt Lake Temple to do baptisms. We met up with others for lunch. Then everyone split up again. Gilbert, Mark, and I went to the Deseret Book Store, then we visited the visitors' centers, and then we took a tour at the Conference Center.

The Ogden Temple on Saturday morning!







GilBERT and Ernie!
This was at the South Visitors' Center!

The Salt Lake City Temple

 Sunday morning, we went to Music and the Spoken Word at the Conference Center, followed by Sacrament meeting at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. The whole ward walked around temple square for a bit; we went to the Tabernacle. Then everyone split up to start driving back to St. George, since we would be staying there for the night. Bishop Patton, Sister Patton, EmRod, and I went to Sister Olsen's house to drop off some stuff that she had left at the Pattons' house. Her parents are so sweet!
Music and the Spoken Word at the Conference Center


The ceiling in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building! 

Joseph Smith, in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building




Yay! Selfies!

"Papa" Olsen, one of their grand-kids, Bishop Patton, her brother, me, "Mama" Olsen, and EmRod. :) (I'm horrible with names, and I had forgotten what they were almost immediately. BUT I never forget a face!!) 

The Provo Temple. 






Right next to the house we stayed at in Washington, Utah!

The Musical Road, in Lancaster, CA. 
I had a video, but it won't play the audio. :( It's supposed to be the "William Tell Overture," also known as "The Lone Ranger" Theme Song. 


So, just a little over six months as a member, and eight months since the Elders knocked on my door, I have now been to SEVEN temples now! Gilbert, Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Redlands, St. George, Ogden, and Salt Lake. I can not believe it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment